Friday, June 4, 2010

Live crab

Live crab could have been the theme for last weekend’s sailing trip. Lexi, a coworker and I all headed to SaltSpring Island for a weekend away with my parents. The boat seems to have this medicinal aura about it, that instantly relaxes you and this weekend was all about relaxation….. and crab.
Dad has always wanted to catch crab, for years he's put down differnt traps, all sorts of bait and always come up empty handed. But I think the drought is over, being the scientest he is, he seems to have come up with a fail proof formula and started hauling in the crab this past weekend not looking back since.

Lexi, not to be left out of anything, also starting crabbing this weekend and experienced her first taste of live crab – she quickly learned that if she flips over the rocks on the beach tiny (and some not to tiny) crabs run about and are fun to catch and eat. I spent half my weekend shrieking at her and pulling fatally wounded crab out of her mouth.



All-in-all it was a great introduction for Lexi to the boat, the sailing was great, the fresh crab dip was great and the company wasn’t too shabby either.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"coworker" That's all I get?!
Not even a first name. sigh. I have so much work to do to move up in your world.