Tuesday, February 5, 2008

How many men does it take to get a couch through a door?

You don’t really know how many true friends you have until you decide to move. I learnt this week that I have an amazing boyfriend, and some really great friends and family who gave up their Saturday to help me get my things into my new apartment.

I purchased the most amazing creamy leather couches last month, for the new move. After finally picking them up Saturday afternoon, we carried them up the stairs, (we being the collective ‘we’ meaning Derek and my Cousin) only to find out – there was no way they were going to make the angle to get them through the door. After input from my crazy landlord how there was no way it would ever fit, and plenty of trying. My dad decided we were going to hoist them up over the balcony and in through that door.

So I called every male friend I could think of to help with this enormous endeavor. We happen to have all our yacht lines in our garage at the moment, so my father set up a rigging system which was going to be almost impossible to actually implement. After my brother arrived, quite grumpily, he decided there was no way he was going to exert himself to move them over the balcony, so we unscrewed the door, the legs off the couch….

And the answer is 7. It takes 7 men and one hour to get one couch through my front door.

The lesson learned?? Always hire a moving company.

So this is my place, the photos aren’t the best as it was dark out and you can't see my sea view, and Derek was attempting to hook up my surround sound so everything is scattered. You’ll also notice I’m lacking a TV cabinet – I’m working on it.





The door is always open for everyone to visit,

xoxo

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're in your new place. A new place is always fun. I like the new couches as well. I want tons of pics when you get settled. :) Congrats!