Monday, March 10, 2008

Weekends & Weekday coping mechanisms

Monday’s are really quite depressing, especially if you have these nocturnal homeless people in your alleyway and below your window that seem to congregate, banging on the garbage can (why doesn’t my building have a lock on it? It’s a bear/homeless person hazard), yelling at the top of their lungs and having buggy races. Last night the power line box thing RIGHT outside my window was buzzing loudly enough to keep me up. So now I’m running on about 2.5 hours sleep, coupled with the time Change which made me get up at an internal clock time of 4:15.

How do I cope? By going through my ‘Dumb Dares for the Office’ Desktop calendar given to me at Christmas time. This thing is truly amazing, it’s 366 ways (leap year) to mess with your co-workers, by either doing mean creepy things, or just by being creepy.

Here are some from the past month,
1. Ask your boss after lunch to hide your keys from you because you’re too drunk to drive home
2. Ask your boss if the company will reimburse you for a tattoo of its official logo
3. Make vomiting sounds in a stall in the bathroom once you’re sure someone else has entered, then mutter, ‘Oh I never could hold my tequila, Why do I do this to myself’
4. For an hour, try to guess the end of other people’s sentences. Interrupt them repeatedly, asking each time if your guesses are getting “warmer” or “colder”
5. Discreetly inquire of one of your colleagues if they know which local massage parlors offer extra services.

I’m also sad the weekend is over, I love having time for myself to do absolutely nothing. Friday night I coached (as per usual), then Derek and I watched Happy Gilmour, which I love –( I tend to gravitate towards movies that make me laugh hysterically without making me think) followed by Saturday Shopping downtown on Robson with a Girlfriend that I love spending time with but never see, and a great dinner/drinks out with Derek and his roommate Jess.

Sunday I didn’t do anything. Literally. I dragged Derek for a run around a lake, but became annoyed that despite only going for two runs in the past year he is STILL in better shape than me!? How does that happen? Boys have it so easy. Naturally skinny and fit. Sunday night was spent in my sweatpants catching up on TV shows I haven’t watched in awhile. A perfect weekend really.

It’s a shame it’s already Monday.

Ps. I can't seem to upload any photos to the blog... It starts to load, and then I get an error message after about 30 seconds...... Lame, since I know you all wanted to see my beautiful face!

No comments: