Friday, July 3, 2009

Indeed... I am surprised.


At 25 years of age, thanks to the Internet, I didn’t think much would surprise me anymore… I was wrong

  1. I am surprised that two boys could live in an apartment for five years, without cleaning out or ever opening a cupboard of food that the previous renters had left behind. I am surprised by the smell of five year old food, and I’m surprised how much scrubbing to took to remove the stains left behind.
  2. I am surprised by the colour of the water after you clean the carpets of an apartment that has only been vacuumed a handful of times in 5 years. I am also surprised by the amount of gunk I had to clear out from the carpet cleaner every five minutes (despite me vacuuming the rooms several times beforehand) (don’t worry mom – your cleaner is fine)
  3. I am surprised by how much stuff my boyfriend owns… which is now piled into my garage. I would not be sad if a thief came and accidently tossed out several boxes of old magazines/CD’s. I have a sneaking suspicious they may be ‘stolen’ next weekend….
  4. I am surprised that I love my boyfriend just as much, if not even more, despite the fact I have spent the past four days with rubber gloves, bleach and a chisel cleaning out his former apartment.
  5. I am surprised that the boys managed to get their damage deposit back.

Despite how much work it took to move, it was completely worth it. Der and I fit well together…. I’m sure we’ll have our moments (like when he forgot to take out the garbage this week… despite me leaving a note) but I believe we’ve started a beautiful thing.


And as per usual, my apologetic note:
June flew by, I’ve already been at my new job a month, and July is so busy that it’ll be over before I know it. I’m sorry I’ve been so negligent, I need to get out there with my camera – but at the moment the battery is dead and I’m unable to find either of my two chargers.

I’ll take lots of photos though once I find one of them – and post them for your viewing pleasure. Because I know you all only read this blog for the photos.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wait til you are a Mom - then the real surprises come!