Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Blogging from the (sea)bus pt. 2

Why is it that of the hundreds of people taking the seabus right now.... The sickest one hunts me down, sits next to me and makes it their personal mission to infect me?

Disgusting. Note to self - don't take public transit during swine flu outbreak.

If it weren't for my downtown meeting this afternoon, I would be in the protective germ bubble that is my car - but that darn new rapid transit system is far too convienient to ignore.

On to happier thoughts - Derek and I have a hockey game tonight. We joined a friendly, co-ed floor hockey league.... Which has turned out to be coed, but not as friendly as we expected. I'm not sure how some people got the idea that this particular leauge would launch their NHL career dreams - but the way these guys throw body checks and fists you would think that we play on the canucks farm team.

Week one resulted in a swollen hand after someone swung their stick down on my poor exposed wrist. Week two was a ball right into the eye socket and last week I took a slapshot to the jugular. So needless to say, I've got 911 on speed dial for this evenings game.

Anyways, I've shifted to a bus and am getting car sick.

27 more sleeps until we take possession.

Xoxo
Sent on the TELUS Mobility network with BlackBerry

1 comment:

Kari said...

Kelly, you are the absolute best! I miss you! PS. please post pictures of your new place!