Tuesday, November 25, 2008

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas


So I am one step closer to being in a Christmassy mood. I put up my tree last night! Yes!!!!! I love the face I got to decided every single detail on the tree, from the decoration colour, to the ribbon to what's going to go on top
(I have yet to place the top bow).

My mom and I went shopping on Sunday and I picked out my colours, bought matching pillows for my couches (which are acting as presents at the moment) bought my first few ornaments and last night Derek brought over this old Christmas tree that makes' Charlie Browns look half decent. I had only planned on using 1 type of ribbon, but after decorating the tree, it became apparent that I needed another... thankfully I had picked up a spare spool of ribbon in teal, and it worked as a great contrast. Unfortunately I threw it up hap-hazardly, so it needs to be redone.

I'm not sure I'm 100% happy with the out come so far..... I was originally debating between brown & teal or a peacock theme tree.... now I wish I peacocked' it... Any suggestions from you crafty people with an eye for style? Perhaps some icy blue ornaments? Or even some wintery white ornaments? I haven’t seen the tree in the daylight yet.... perhaps the ornaments are noticeable in the daytime... right now I feel it's a bit too dark.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think it looks nice! Skillz..