Tuesday, November 18, 2008

New Car

You know that dreaded dentist appointment that comes around once every 6 months? I had mine last week, and was declared to have some of the best brushing habits she's seen (I always angle my brush towards the gums.... it took like 5 years of having bad teeth to figure it out)... anyways she did however mention I was a terrible flosser... ummm actually I'm a delinquent flosser. I HATE flossing.... but I've decided to turn over a new leaf, I've pledged to myself that I will floss EVERY day until my next dentist appointment, so I can be a superstar brusher & flosser. Plus, I'm also not on a dental plan right now and cavities are expensive.

So yup - so far I've flossed 5 days in a row. It's starting to actually become a routine, and I'm not bleeding after every floss. I can't wait until my next dental appointment (already booked for May) so she can praise my amazing flossing skillz.

On a sad note... my car died. Sigh... I was super unhappy because I went to the dealership to buy a new car, and they wanted money for it!? Seriously? People PAY for cars?? Ugh.

However, I finally had it towed down to the Beetle Spa (super amazing mechanic, waaayyy better than VW) and I just got word that my repairs would be around $400... which isn't too bad, since I was expecting $1500+. He's also repairing my sunroof leak for free... which VW charged me $2000 to do 6 months ago... and didn't. So yea, the Beetle Spa gets an A+..... VW dealership... not so much.

Anyways, I'm getting rid of my Jetta, and now need to look for a new car. I want something reliable (which excludes VW), nice looking (I'm still a snob... just a poor snob), and something decently priced. If I buy new, I get a warranty.... but it's more expensive then buying used. So many decisions to make. I still really want a Mazda CX-7.....

but it's about $7,000 out of my budget at the moment.... I really don't like any cars out there at the moment I can afford.... a Mazda-3 is affordable,
but I'm not a big fan of the body style (no offense to anyone who drives one)...

I like the Mazda 6, but that's pricey and Derek won't give me his for free..... I like Toyota Trucks/SUV's....

but I can't see myself behind the wheel of a Corolla, it's a bit too Mom-Car for me.

So any suggestions? Does anyone drive something reliable, decently priced (under $20,000) and worthy of me?

7 comments:

Sally said...

I love, love, love a Honda. I loved my civic when I had it and I'd love to have one again. The Civic is a very lovely vehicle.

Kelly said...

Hmmm it's a possibility. I've never been a huge fan of the civic, but it's something to look into.

Unknown said...

That wasn't the reply I got when I suggested a civic....... anyways, good job with the flossing. You have inspired me to start! Yay healthy gums.

BrioII said...

To keep your promise to floss regularly, go to www.gripit.biz. These Gripit Floss Holders got me into the habit because I don't have to put my fingers into my mouth. They come with a year's supply of floss for only $6.95.

Kelly said...

Emma, I have no clue what you're talking about. Ha Ha... yessss we should have a flossing club!! I've already flossed this morning - have you??

Anonymous said...

My 2001 TL is great! and Acura put in a new transmission for free last spring, along with a whole load of other freebies - it is dry, fun to drive, carries a lot and is cheap. I'm keeping it - you should get a car that gets 9 L or less over 100 km.
FLOSSING - keep it up - and also remember to gargle with Listerine (helps prevent cancer)

Kelly said...

Mom, I know that's you. Your car is ugly and a boat.

Also, last time you said gargling prevented Alzheimers..... it sounds like YOUUUU should gargle more.