Friday, November 14, 2008

I didn't forget you! I've just been too lazy to blog.

Sorry... I know I havn't blogged in awhile, but my internet at the apartment hasn't been working and I've been busy. Working hard, shopping hard (nine west outlet, lululemon & Michael Kors = poor) and just generally enjoying life. In 2 weeks time my friends and I head up to Tofino for our annual group surf trip... it’s usually a gong show and I can’t wait! Hopefully my waterproof camera holds up and won’t break, so I can get some wicked surfing shots!!

I did the worst possible thing last night for the first time ever – I stood up a friend for coffee. My good friend from University and I were to have our monthly (more like once every 3-4 months) coffee date last night, we had sent emails back and forth about how excited we were for it, and she even emailed me on Tuesday saying she had panicked last Thursday because she thought it was last week and had missed it... we laughed.... but in the end it was I who missed our date.

I have a million good excuses as to why it happened (bad day x 1000, migraine all day, car problems, dentist appointment (Cavity free!!! Woohoo!!), swollen painful eye, ect.) but in reality... there was no excuse, and no excuse is going to take away the feeling of guilt and shame that I have.

Kari, who is world’s most gorgeous, sweet, understanding women, was completely amazing about it, sympathized with me and made me feel like less of a total failure, but I still feel terrible because that NEVER happens to me! I’m the queen of the calendar! I’m always early, and there! Ugh.... So now I need to reschedule with her, show up 10 minutes early with a huge thing of flowers and buy her coffee... but that’s okay.

Today I’m stuck at the gym coaching all day.... it’s already 9am and I’m about to start my 3rd class, followed by my 4th, 5th and 6th....... I can’t wait for this day to be over so I can go back to bed.

No comments: