Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Fulfilling a need

I've been in a shopping mood lately... I can go for months without purchasing any items of clothing or shoes, and then the next week I'm obsessed with having something new. I never really truly need anything - I've been much better with my obsession since I moved into my own place - when it comes to having food vs jeans, food almost always wins.

Although, last night I made myself $150 more poor by visiting Victoria Secret online. I needed 2 new bathing suits, after an unfortunate accident (forgot they were wet in a bag for a month after surfing) where I ruined my favourite one. V.S has some really cute bathing suits, and a sale going on right now - so I picked up 2 new bikini's for less than $50. Which, in bathing suit world for me, is a great price. The last bathing suit I bought was almost triple that.

However, purchasing clothes that I don't get to see for 10 days doesn't really satisfy my craving.

So onto my bigger news. I'm moving back home. I'm actually really bummed about this, as I love my apartment, my furniture and having my own space. But my roommate can't afford to live there anymore and instead of finding someone else, I'm going to be financially responsible and move back home. My parents are planning on sailing to Alaska this summer (or are lying to me to get me back in the house), so I was going to move into their place to help take care of the cat/plants/house. I'll just bump that plan forward a few months.

Plus, if I keep 'paying' rent to myself - I can save several thousand dollars in 6 months.
So yea, I'm sad.... and a little worried about how to get my couches out of the apartment (hiring movers... for SURE). And I really don't feel like hiding all my pretty things into storage... but I'll survive.

Maybe my parents will buy me a puppy to make the transition easier.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Sorry to hear you are giving up your great apartment but it sounds like the best decision for the moment. If you are good at saving funds you will be back out on your own before you know it.
Hope things improve rapidly for you. Miss you. :)

Sally said...

I totally know what you mean about the shopping. I'm totally the same way. I'm not a moderate all the time shopper like some. With me it is all or nothing. Feast or famine. So here's to the good days!