Thursday, August 28, 2008

George & cakes

I’ve been laugh-crying all morning thanks to discovering Cake Wrecks, a blog dedicated to cake decorating travesties.

But firstly, I’d like to confirm the power and awesomeness of my Christmas wish list, Due to a lack of editing skills, I accidently placed a ‘George Forman G5 Grill’ twice on my list, apparently emphasizing how badly I wanted it. Poof last night Derek gave me my birthday gift and BAM, it’s a G5 Grill. I can’t wait to cook amazing things in it.

My mom called me this morning to discuss moving some furniture, and I mentioned that Derek bought me the G5….. This is exactly what my mom was on her way to purchase me. Sorry mom, but I did give her tons of other ideas, so I think it’s all good.

How come the technique of really emphasizing a want by placing it twice on your list, never works when I ask for a puppy? I’m going to have to revise the list now in time for Christmas, I’ll be sure to add Puppy twice!

Anyways, here are some of the cakes from Cake Wreck… ch-check ‘em out.






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The sexual harassment cake was the best. Who would ever order that? Seems like it would have come from an episode of the office.

Anonymous said...

I went to the website and laughed so hard, tears running down my face over the 'macho man' cake.