Monday, August 11, 2008

I need help!

Usually I’m so on top of buying gifts for Derek – I always have great, unique and original ideas of things that he really needs but doesn’t know it. Derek is hard to shop for, he has impeccable & very specific taste when it comes to clothing, I’ve never bought him a piece of clothing he hasn’t returned, so I need to be creative in his gifts.

Some of my past gifts that he didn't return have been... (this may not be in order…) a foosball table, a Nintendo Wii, a video game chair, a watch, a surprise surf trip, and a duvet & new bedding…. So here I am, panicking because in 5 days it will be our anniversary, and then his birthday shortly after – and I have no ideas. Not ONE clue what to do or get for him. It doesn’t need to be expensive, it just needs to be something he’ll appreciate receiving.

The only ideas I have are gift cards, which is like giving up in my eyes. Perhaps I’ll have to do a series of smaller ideas to show how romantic and amazing I am. We’re going to Victoria for the weekend to celebrate, so what could I do that would be something he might like or appreciate?

He’s got it easy, I’m super easy to shop for, I even MADE a list of things I wanted/needed, and lets be honest, there’s really only one thing I want – and I’m 99% sure that’s not happening any time in this decade. =)

However, it HAS happened to some of my friends in this decade, the latest being a good friend/dorm mate from University. Cindy and Frank were married on Saturday, and I had a great time at their wedding. My former roomate Kari was there, and we had a blast catching up, and watching our little Cindy finally get married!!!

So yea….. ideas for Derek?


No comments: