Friday, August 1, 2008

Someone please make decisions for me... just make them the way I want it.

Does anyone have this clear picture in their mind of what they think God looks like? I must admit, despite all my faith education, I have been heavily influenced by The Simpsons, (yes the tv cartoon) and their portrayal of God… he’s big, yellow and has a long white beard, walks barefoot… seriously the almighty Lord, my Savior….is a cartoon in my mind….. (please don’t smote me)

Anyways…. Currently I have this picture of God in my mind, sitting in this pimp gold/wood chair staring at me with one eyebrow cocked, in sheer amazement at my attempts to dodge His will. He’s carefully lining up an opportunity for me, and I’m ignoring it with all my might… he then tips back his head and laughs and makes it even MORE obvious to me what I should be doing… and yet I fear… and I cower… because His will is not my own. In fact… His will is scaring the crap out of me and pushing me WAY WAY out of my comfort zone…. I love my comfort zone, I keep it for good reason.

I’m seriously freaked out that God has taken such an interest in my life and made it soooo clear to me what I should be doing…. And yet, I still am doubting it…. This could all just be a series of coincidences right? Right???

Yea… I didn’t think so either.

Adonai, Adonai, Adonai… aidez-moi

No comments: