Friday, June 6, 2008

Flat tires in the ghetto.

And the answer is Green! My new Camera is green! I went with the 1030SW Olympus which came with glowing recommendations from Michelle’s dad. I’m pretty stoked about it. However, all my elation came to a crashing halt once I received a flat tire out in Surrey late last night.

It was super frustrating because I could kind of feel something wrong with the car so I decided to find a gas station in Surrey closest to the highway, but they didn’t supply air for tires…. And then next gas station I found made you pay 50 cents for air…. Paying for air seems just so wrong! By the time I actually got to fill it up, it was pretty low, but I really didn’t want to be stuck in Surrey and I have no clue how to change a flat tire, so I pumped it full of air and hopped back on the highway….. I then had to pull off in Coquitlam (the next town along the highway) and it took 2 try’s to find a gas station that had an air pump (shouldn’t these be mandatory… and free?).

So I continued down the highway pulling off the highway at almost every exit to find a gas station that supplied air. It was a very frustrating and long drive home! I kept calling Derek and crying over my situation, but felt guilty making him drive out to save me.

I finally got home 2 hours later. It was brutal and stressful. I left my car in front of my tire and vowed to change it (or employ a boy to change it) in the morning. One of my bootcampers happens to live next door to me and offered to change it, but there were these stupid locks on my alloy tires that I don’t have a key for….. so I called my brother (who has the same wheels) and he dragged himself out of bed to help me… turns out the ‘locks’ aren’t locks and all – and just caps needed to be pulled off. Oops.


Anyways, long story short, my tire is unfixable and it’s costing me $360 to get a new one. The same week I spent $500 on a new camera…. Sigh…… I either need to a) win the lottery or b) make more money.

Being a grown up is hard. I'm ready for the weekend because my emotional bank (and financial) is low.

No comments: