Monday, June 30, 2008

Life changes are scary

The real world is a scary place, and I don’t know if I’m ready to be a big girl making big girl decisions.

My job is changing in September, I’ve been offered to take a ‘new position’ going in a ‘new direction’ with my current employer, but in reality, it’s not what I want to do with my life, and it’s not where I want to be. Therefore, I am officially unemployed in the next few months. I’ve never been unemployed, there was a 6 month stint in New Zealand at Capernwray where I didn’t have job, but I had one waiting for me when I returned.

Now, I have rent, insurance and all the responsibilities that go along with those things and I’m panicking. I tend to be an over achiever, aiming high and already have an amazingly great opportunity possibly lined up – the down side is that I’d start as soon as possible, meaning that my vacation to Mexico with Derek the first two weeks is in Jeopardy.

We’ve been looking forward to this vacation for a year, the first two weeks of September on a beach in Mexico, pure bliss…. Derek booked this time off in January and I feel terrible making him miss out. He’s pretty understanding about letting my career come first, but I know he’s really disappointed.

What to do? This position is crazy big in the world of PR, I’d be set for life if I succeeded. To turn it down because of a small move (okay, well maybe not small) and 2 weeks of missed vacation is wrong right??? Right????

Aidez-moi.

Hmmm maybe I should just relax and see what happens. I tend to try and control situations when I should really just Trust. Anything’s possible right? I guess my mantra should become ‘God has a plan’ ‘God has a plan’ ‘God has a plan’

On a happier note, I go sailing from Tuesday – Friday.
Fabulous photos are just days away. I'd post some great photos from my weekend, but I left my camera at my Parents house. I feel naked without it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sooooo ???? What happened?