Sunday, June 22, 2008

Girls are mean.

It’s been a very interesting weekend, as I type this I am sitting lake side at a resort in Kelowna for my sister – in-law to be. It hasn’t been the relaxing weekend I was hoping for; girls are really something else when they get into packs. A group of six has to automatically split into groups of three who bad mouth each other behind their backs….. and then later the cliques change people and you gossip about those who you were just with…. Interesting. I’ve never been good with girls, I can do one-on-one, but a weekend of 6 has made me wary of doing anything like this again. We dropped into the boys stag yesterday which isn't too far from us, and I felt instantly comfortable... perhaps I was meant to be a boy??

Yesterday we visited some great wineries in Naramata, about an hour south of Kelowna. I highly recommend La Frenz and Therapy and picked some amazing bottles you can’t buy in Vancouver. I’m excited to share them with Derek. I was driving, so I kept having to spit out the wine (although I swallowed the good ones….), so I’m excited to spend some time with my wine.

Speaking of Derek, I miss him. I made the mistake of calling him yesterday, and was so incredibly homesick by the end of the conversation that I started to cry. He’s a keeper. The more I hear about other girls relationships, the more I appreciate and respect what we have together.

Anyways, I better go… the girls are starting to wake up and we need to pack up soon to head home. I’ll share photos later.

No comments: