Tuesday, June 17, 2008

The question I hate.

I’m one of those complex beings who loves stability, but needs change to stay mentally stimulated. I feel like nothing new is going on in my life… I keep running into people who haven’t seen me in several months, and I dread the question ‘So what’s new with you?’ the quick answer is always Nothing. Nothing has changed, but in reality, I’d love to answer more. I’d love to say ‘I just changed jobs’ or ‘I just got back from this fabulous trip’ or ‘I got a dog’…… but no… I’m stuck in a rut.

Although I have been doing long, relaxing runs this week. They’ve been helping me bring perspective to issues and allowing me to stay sane. My body is killing this morning after I accidentally took a new trail halfway through an already long run, that I thought would be a short detour. It added a good 30 minutes to an already brutal run. Apparently Poodador was so tired this morning she refused to get out bed for her walk & breakfast.

I’m going to take up yoga again this week. I stopped after some pretty negative/uncomfortable experiences in one studio, so I’m attempting to find another studio that works with my schedule. I think I may have found one, it’s a bit further to drive, but I really enjoyed the calmness of yoga. It gave me a place to de-stress and relax, whilst using my body. I’m not boxing as much anymore, I’m still coaching four times a week, but I don’t get the same enjoyment out of it anymore. It used to be just a work out, now everybody knows me, my business and I get sucked into too much drama. Just let me punch the bag and leave!! I took last Friday off work to spend it with Derek, and I opened up the gym early and got a great workout in. It was nice because it was just about Me and the Bag, nothing else.

This weekend is Stephanie’s (my sister-in-law to be) stagette in Kelowna, it’s super frustrating because her friends keep dropping out, or deciding they’re not going to stay in the villa I rented (after agreeing to) so now I’m stuck paying an extra $700, because I booked it when people agreed to it… sigh. Her bridal party is a total example of ‘who NOT to pick’ (other than me). It’s super frustrating having to pick up the slack for them, because Steph expects things from us, and only I deliver. But I guess that’s another topic for another day. Its no secret that Stephanie and I aren’t friends, but I’ve been going out of my way to try and build a friendship and make this wedding special for her…. Sigh.... I guess we'll grow to like each other, but I have my doubts.

Anyways, here are a few pictures from last week.




No comments: