Monday, July 14, 2008

And Breath

Yes!! It’s all over! No more wedding! It was actually pretty fun, but I think the mantra for any of the un-married was ELOPE, especially after seeing my mom who we will call Mother-of-the-groom-Zilla. There was also a little Groom-zilla going on from my brother, but that was only to keep the Bridezilla in Stephanie from coming out.

My mom was pretty stressed out on Friday before the rehearsal dinner, but everything worked out in the end. It was beautiful and sunny (and sweltering inside the church). No major melt-downs… unless you count one of the groomsmen turning white, swaying and having to leave the alter to go take off his tux and pour water over himself… it was pretty funny. Rumer also has it, that my brother got so nervous before the wedding he took off running, his groomsmen thought he was making a break for it, but in reality - he just need to get rid of his breakfast.
I loved being the in Bridal party, the dresses looked great, getting my hair done was fun & you always get better wine at the head table. All-in-All it was a great weekend, but boy am I exhausted.

I don’t have many great photos because I was so busy catching up with relatives from out of town, and different friends…. But I know my mom took some of me walking up the aisle, so I’ll try to grab those later on. Plus professional photos when I get my hands on them, they should turn out pretty great, she let me take a look through a few on her camera and they looked fabulous.





My mom harassing poor Derek about Marriage... actually, everyone there harrassed Derek about marriage.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You looked really beautiful, Kelly. I'm glad it all turned out well. :)