Friday, July 11, 2008

Dear Lord, please make this week end.

My brother gets married tomorrow… lets have a recap of the past few days.

Tuesday, Kelly receives a concussion from a freak volleyball collision. Her face is swollen, slight bruising (which has faded nicely) & she’s unable to drink alcohol (which is how she was planning on getting through the wedding). Kelly’s unhappy & in pain.

A freak severe windstorm blew through Vancouver Thursday, reeking havoc upon nature. Kelly’s parent’s brand new landscaped backyard, which was landscaped all for Friday’s rehearsal dinner, is destroyed by a tree that blew down taking out bushes, and flowers. The landscapers came over after a frantic call from my mother… all is almost restored - 5 hours before the caterers come to set up.

My elderly mean/evil grandma decides she isn’t happy not being the center of attention. My mother has shifted her focus elsewhere this week, and Grandma decided it was unacceptable. She’s placed several calls to 911 informing them her daughter was missing because she wasn’t picking up her cell phone (at 5am). The police have called my mother asking her to control Grandma…. Phhfff good luck. Several hours go by before she wants more attention, and told her nurses she was going to kill herself…. She only became sane again once my mother promised to take her out for breakfast this morning and to do her nails….Grandma is happy for now….

Some families are great thinkers…. some are talented in athletic pursuits…. Others are kind and nuturing. Mine stirs up drama, it’s what we’re good at.

In the mean time, here are 2 photos from last week.... the first one is my mom and I... my mom deserves the shout-out this week due to all the work she's doing for the wedding... and the second is me trying to take one of those cute kissy photos and Derek ducking....




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who needs day time TV when I can read about your dramas! Outstanding.

I really like your blog, you have the writing skillz.

You should sign up for Feedburner.com so I can follow along better!

xox

Sally said...

Has any one told you that you're gorgeous recently? They should. You are. :)